Today latest version of Nimi Web Cleanser was released - an revision, now shields based for better adjustment.
User can change which shields should be used by default, but also can adjust those settings per webpage domain.
Some of the available shields:
- Blocks check - Pattern checks DIV elements class, name and id. Those can nest other elements.
- Anchors check - Pattern checks anchors target addresses.
- Images check - Pattern checks images source addresses (only IMG elements). Images can be used for data submission.
- Objects check - Pattern checks data information of OBJECT elements (used to embedd plugins, media files and other).
- Scripts check - Pattern checks SCRIPT elements source or their content (up to 1024 characters). Those can be used to inject on page content or data submission.
- Frames check - Pattern checks source address of IFRAME elements. Those can nest other elements.
- Smart check - Enhances previous shields with:
- Size pattern check - for images and IFRAME elements for common sizes.
- Empty parent pattern check - checks if parent is empty after DIV removal.
Nimi Web CleanserAug 8, 2011
- added default shields configuration to settings
- added smart shield, block shield, images shield, script shield, object shield, frame shield
- added browserAction indication of running shields
- revised code
- changed to shields - modules can be toggled individually
- changed icon to shield instead of soap
- changed popup activation and status indication display method from pageAction to browserAction button
- changed - removed domain whitelist from settings - as shields can be toggled individually per domain
- changed version incrementation system from 0.0.0 to year.month.day(with optional build after dot)
- temporarily removed Italian and German translation
- removed detected elements statistics/count
- removed detected elements whitelisting